Sunday, July 10, 2016

11th Hour Racing's Nick Piscitelli


Nick Piscitelli crossing the finish line at the 2016 Love Half Marathon.


Most already know Nick Piscitelli, but if you’ve never enjoyed a beer with him after a run; I’d highly recommend making it a point to do so. Nick has quickly become a cornerstone at 11th Hour Racing; just recently organizing a monthly group run and happy hour series beginning June 1st at the 2nd Street Irish Society. Nick’s persistence to push himself every time he laces up, is paralleled only by his determination to help local people with cancer pay bills, and his love for his family. Known well by other running groups in the city such as the Fishtown Beer Runners and the Philadelphia Distance Runners; Nick’s loyalty and humor fosters solidarity and is appreciated by many. I am proud to call Nick Piscitelli a friend, thankful for his dedication to the families 11th Hour Racing supports, and for the miles and beer we’ve enjoyed.



What is your name?
IMG_0025.JPGNicholas Piscitelli

What part of the city are you from?
South Philly

How long have you been married?
17 Years to Amy Piscitelli

How many children do you have?
2 children: Alexis 15 & Nick Jr. 25

What do you do for a living?
Wells Fargo (International Banking)

How long have you been running?
Faithfully for the past 13 months

What motivates you to run?
Health,  meeting new friends and beer LOL

What is your favorite or funniest running memory?
In one of my first halfs I noticed a girl in front of me drop something.  I picked it up and caught up to her saying here you dropped this.  It was at this moment I realized it was a Tampon. To say she was quite embarrassed was an understatement. I told her not to worry I have a daughter and wife at home. We laughed and she PR’d not wanting to stay right in front of me. LOL


What advice would you give to new runners?
Latch on to some of the running groups in the city. This will keep you motivated. I know it helped me greatly, and stick with it. I know I wanted to quit several times, but I stuck with it and will be running my first marathon in Chicago on October 9th.  

What running related goals do you have for the next year?
I don’t set a lot of goals. My one goal this year is my first marathon.  I've always said I will never run a marathon, but after my first five halfs; I am ready.  

Why do you run with 11th Hour Racing?
Why not!! This is running at its finest, being able to help those by raising money to help financially. Whether it be with bills, mortgage, rent, ETC.  It also makes me feel good about myself knowing I am helping.

Besides running, what else do you like to do?
I like getting together with my friends with some great cigars, and even better beer.  

How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as a person who lived life. You only get one so live it to its fullest. I would also like to be remembered as a great family man, and an awesome friend.

Interview by Mike Rowe

“One of the nicest, genuine people I have ever met. His is sincere about helping other people in any way he can. How he looks at life in such a positive way is really motivational and inspirational.”
-Eric Matkowski


“I have known Nick since we were kids, as we both grew up on 2nd Street; a neighborhood we are both passionate about. He’s a great guy who continues the same passion for our neighborhood today with all the good work he does with the 2nd Street Irish Society for the community.”
-Fred Druding

No comments:

Post a Comment